Amidst concerns that cash-strapped governing bodies will give priority to men's events over less-lucrative women's fixtures once the health crisis triggered by coronavirus pandemic is over, star Australia all-rounder Ellyse Perry believes that women sport will emerge unscathed. Sporting activities around the world have been brought to a grinding halt by the coronavirus outbreak.
Australia's Marnus Labuschagne is bracing for "heaps and heaps of cricket" once the coronavirus pandemic subsides, the prolific top order batsman said on Saturday. The global health crisis has halted international sports, postponing several bilateral cricket series and jeopardising this year's Twenty20 World Cup scheduled in October-November in Australia.
Australia have concerns over security at next year's World Cup finals in Brazil because of the civil unrest in the South American country, Football Federation Australia chief David Gallop said on Tuesday.
Travis Head made 109 off 67 balls and Warner struck a 65-ball 81 as the Aussies opening pair amassed 175 runs in just 19.1 overs
The timing of professional tennis's return will reveal whether the tours and federations are more interested in making money or looking after the health of players, Australia's John Millman said. The professional game has been suspended since March because of the COVID-19 pandemic and the International Tennis Federation, WTA and ATP have put back plans for a resumption until August at the earliest.
Wimbledon was scrapped for the first time since World War Two on Wednesday due to the coronavirus pandemic, with the suspension of professional tennis extended to July 13. The 38-year-old Federer is well insulated from the shutdown's financial fallout it could well impact his hopes of adding to his record haul of 20 Grand Slam titles.
'Right now I think Finchy (Aaron Finch) is doing a great job, Painey is doing a great job. So, that gives Pat Cummins the opportunity to learn and watch and sit back and see how he feels about that role and experience a few different things'
Australia paceman Pat Cummins is eager for banned duo Steve Smith and David Warner to rejoin the national side, saying it feels like they have already spent "five years in cricketing isolation".
Banned Australian duo Steve Smith and David Warner will look to share their wealth of experience with budding cricketers when they make their highly anticipated return to club cricket in Sydney on Saturday.
Former Australia captain Steve Waugh has backed pace bowler Mitchell Starc to convert his World Cup form into the Test team ahead of series against West Indies and England.
Former Team India coach John Wright has turned down the offer to take up the head coach's job at Cricket Australia's (CA) Centre of Excellence.
The Indians were among 128 asylum seekers, travelling in three boats, intercepted last week and sent for offshore processing, the Australian Associated Press reported on Monday.
Once the Canadian investigation runs its course, Ottawa may put on the public domain further accusations passing for "evidence" -- and that could happen at some point closer to our general election. All in all, the big question is, what is it that the US is really up to, asks Ambassador M K Bhadrakumar.
Rauf's central contract may be 'restored'
Australia coach Darren Lehmann says he and captain Steve Smith both wanted Mitchell Johnson to play on, at least in one-dayers, but were unable to convince the fiery fast bowler to reconsider retirement.
As per reports in Australian media, the ICC and match referee has given an 'average' rating to both pitches.
Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting says he would consider the role of chairman of selectors if offered the job and is also open to discussions on a coaching position with the team.
A boat carrying Australia-bound asylum-seekers sank off the Indonesian island of Java, claiming at least four lives, including those of three children, while more than 150 people have been rescued.
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, holed up in Ecuadorian embassy in London for more than a year, on Thursday launched his political party in Australia to contest the general elections later this year.
Cricket Australia is considering the prospect of turning its four-match Test series against India later this year into a five-Test series as it continues looking for ways to compensate the financial losses caused by the coronavirus pandemic. India's tour of Australia will begin with a T20 tri-series in October and is scheduled to end with a four-match Tests series in December. In between there is the T20 World Cup, scheduled for an October 18 start, but the mega event's future is also shrouded in uncertainty due to the global health crisis.
News Agencies will boycott the second Test between Sri Lanka and Australia due to a dispute with Cricket Australia.
The minister said Australia would benefit greatly from this pact.
Norovirus is known as the 'winter vomiting bug'.
Australian cricket legend Ian Chappell has called for a worldwide ban on Chris Gayle.
Shaun Marsh is in a battle with his brother Mitchell and hard-hitting all-rounder Glenn Maxwell for the middle order position for the forthcoming four-Test series in India.
The 24-year-old started brightly by taking the first set off the 19th seed on Monday but his lack of match fitness told as, despite frequent treatment from the trainer, he lost the next three to bow out at the first hurdle in a third straight grand slam.
The sticking point remains the argument over a revenue share scheme which has underpinned contracts for 20 years.
Discussions over whether Australia will host England in a first day-night Ashes cricket Test next year are taking place but nothing has been decided yet, Cricket Australia (CA) said on Thursday. England head Down Under next November for the 2017-18 series and local media reported on Thursday that the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) had agreed in principle to play one of the matches under lights.
Coast and Country challenged Adani's plans to build biggest mine in the Galilee Basin.
'It's a home game for India. There's going up to (almost) 100,000 people here'
'He's been receiving treatment from a doctor. He's big and powerful when he's not happy. We decided he needed some treatment but there was no way he was going to go and get treatment this morning, so we called the police.'
News of all that's transpired on and off the football field.
The WPL action is slated to be held on February 13 in Mumbai, a day after India's T20 World Cup opener against Pakistan.
Steve Waugh has backed calls from fellow former Australia captain Ricky Ponting and West Indies great Michael Holding for cricket chiefs to rid Test cricket of the toss.
A joint statement was issued by US Secretary of State Tony Blinken, Australian Foreign Minister Penny Wong, and Japanese Foreign Minister Hayashi Yoshimasa after their in-person meeting in Phnom Penh on the margins of the 55th ASEAN Foreign Ministers' Meeting.
Drop in temperature has slightly eased the bushfire crisis in Australia's New South Wales region on Friday even as firefighters continued to work to contain the blazes which they claimed could take weeks to extinguish.
Former world number one Serena Williams will not be seeded at this year's French Open, according to the organisers of the May 27-June 10 claycourt Grand Slam.
A CA director for 13 years, Eddings replaced David Peever in 2018 as interim chairman after the former mining executive resigned following the release of a scathing cultural review into the Newlands ball-tampering scandal.
Cricket Australia will be understanding of players who feel uncomfortable about playing in the wake of the death of Phillip Hughes when the rescheduled India Test series starts next week, chief executive James Sutherland said on Tuesday.
French Tennis Federation (FFT) President Gilles Moretton described Osaka's action as a "phenomenal mistake".